Monday, January 14, 2013

Losing a best friend...

In life, there will always be two things; love and loss.  Last Friday, I experienced a loss.  In fact, we all did.  Our furry beloved dog, Whiskey, passed away.  If was in the morning and he was thought to still be asleep.  We can only pray that his passing was painless for Whiskey.  He was such an amazing and sweet dog.  Happy, loving and loyal.  This hit all of us very hard.  I do not know what one can say about losing a pet; that any pet owner doesn't know.  
Still, I have moments where I look for him and then realize he is gone.  Little things that are just memories of our departed friend; they are fresh in my mind.  He will always be remembered with love and he was the best dog one could ever ask for.  I will miss him very much.  We all do already and the house much quieter; strangely so, without him there.  We love you Whiskey.  You'll always be my boy, my good boy.  Love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey David, I am truly sorry for your loss of Whiskey. What about beautiful boy; I love his (what looks like) bandanna around his neck.

    I also do not know what to say about loosing a pet. We lost dear Caesar on Wednesday, 9 January 2013. I still experience difficult emotions associated with his transition.

    Blessings to you and Whiskey, and to those who were affected by his awesome, sweet life!

    Blessings and love my Twitta brotha!

    Stephen
    www.twitter.com/MyTaoZen
    www.mytaozen.com (<-I wrote about Caesar's transition here; if you are so moved I am happy to share part of my related experience with you).

    ReplyDelete