Sunday, July 13, 2014

Family

This is a subject I am still learning so much about. Family means so many different things to people. It could be the friends a person has chosen to surround themselves with or be by blood or even a combination of both. 
I had a skewed view regarding my family of origin. I feel like I never truly knew what a family was actually supposed tone or not, but I did not get the warm fuzzies from mine. Ever. You see, I learned how to call my relatives idiots for no apparent reason at all and instead of learning to forgive and stay in contact; I was shown the compete opposite. Now, it also about choices and I chose to believe what I learned for many years. I would be remiss to say that if I could go back and do things differently, I would. I have learned the true meaning of family: love. Unconditional and without any judgement at all. No filters and no bullshit. I cherish the people in my life who I consider famy. Period. Whether they are blood or not; I love you all with my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment