Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Facing Fears...

I am a person who likes to think that they have little or no fear. Well, I got news for you: even though I make a valiant effort, things will still cause me to freeze, feel fear or react in an inappropriate way. Dealing with certain people; despite all of the work I've done on myself, still proves to be a challenge. Not just to stand up for myself, but to be assertive and not aggressive. Sure, they have been talking about this kind behavior for years, but I'm still learning. Although a clever way of looking at fear is: False Evidence Appearing Real; I must push though it and get to where I'm doing the right thing.
The hard part - again - is action. Instead of saying to myself what I need to/or will do; I must simply just do it. Maybe a mantra needs to be created, but I kid you not - this is crucial to me. It's so easy for me to "yes" someone & make it non-confrontational. The converse of that is to stand up for myself, not back down & show that in a no-aggressive way. It is a process and every day I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment